Pumkin Bread
Thursday, October 14, 2004

What do you do on a cold wet rainy day?


I baked yesterday.
Now to some this may not sound like a major big deal but. . .
I hate baking.
I love to cook, but I don't have the patience to bake.
Takes too damn long.
By baking I am refering to cakes, cookies, pies etc.
I do not consider making lazagna or meat loaf(dinner) as baking.
But about 5 times a year, I break down and bake.
Yesterday was one of those times.
This time of year I make Pumpkin Bread.
I actually get requests for it from the schools for the bake sales, and by friends for get-togethers.
So. . . am going to share my recipie for my bread if anyone wants to try it.
It really is good, and I do not like sweet breads as a rule, nor do I care for pumpkin pie. But this is good bread.


Pumpkin Bread
Preheat oven to 350
Lightly grease 2 regular size loaf pans.


Dry Ingredients:
4 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp gound ginger
(1 cup chopped walnuts - optional)


Wet Ingredients:
1 16oz can unsweetened Pumpkin
1 cup oil (I use canola)
4 eggs, beaten
2/3 cups cold water


Mix together dry ingredients, set aside.
Mix together wet ingredients thouroughly.
Slowly stir in Dry to Wet.
1 cup chopped walnuts can be added at this point.
Pour in loaf pans.
Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
(inserted knife should come out clean when done)

Bread
And thats it.
Enjoy!
(This bread does not follow any known low-carb, low-cal diet plans, but pumkin IS a Vegatable and they are supposed to be good for you, right?)
Happy


Later!
Jovi










Jovianne ~ 1:30 PM

|






24 Links Lottsa Links Just Some Pics: