This Song Has No Title
Friday, July 16, 2004

Spent most of this morning over coffee, again, and listening to Elton. I think the man is sheer genius and one of my favourite songs he did was This Song Has No Title. Its from his Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Album, ummmm 1973, I think???


This Song Has No Title

Tune me into the wild side of life,
I'm an innocent young child sharp as a knife,
Take me to the garretts where the artists have died,
Show me the court rooms where the judges have lied.

Let me drink deeply from the waters and the wine,
Light coloured candles in a dark dreary mines,
Look in the mirror and stare at myself,
And wonder if that's really me on the shelf.

And each day I learn just a little bit more,
I dont know why but I do know what for,
If we're all going somewhere let's get there soon,
This song's got no title, just words and a tune.

Take me down alleys where the murders are done,
In a vast high powered rocket to the core of the sun,
Want to read books in the studys of men,
Born on the breeze and die on the wind.

If I was a artist who paints with his eyes,
I'd study my subject and silently cry,
Cry for the darkness to come down on me,
for confusion to carry on turning the wheel.

And each day I learn just a little bit more,
I dont know why buit I do know what for,
If we're all going somewhere let's get there soon,
This song's got no title, just words and a tune.
Elton John and Bernie Taupin
Actually tho, anything that Elton and Bernie did was totally awesome ! Anyone remember "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player" I wore that album out!!! Still have not found it on CD... and yes, I still have my vinyls from way back when and still have a working turntable.. gawd, I'm getting old. . . . but, well preserved.
Time for more coffee.



Jovianne ~ 6:33 AM

|






24 Links Lottsa Links Just Some Pics: